Often referred to as neutral henna, cassia obovata conditions the hair [leave on for up to 60 minutes] and helps soothes the scalp.
Excellent for all hair types.
The addition of a strongly brewed chamomile tea or acidic juice such as lemon can result in light tinted hair. Cassia powder can be added to henna mix for a strawberry blonde color with an orange hue – some have achieved this by adding ~20% of henna to 80% of cassia. Prepare the henna preferably the night before by adding your water +/- lemon juice. Let it sit overnight before adding your cassia mix.
Cassia is purported to help detangle the hair – best to conduct a strand test.
Best used on washed/clean hair. Can be applied 2x a weekDIRECTIONS
- Empty the contents of cassia powder into a bowl
- Add enough warm water to mix and stir into a smooth rich paste
- Apply the paste to your hair covering all strands - do not forget the roots.
- Gently massage your hair and scalp.
- Leave the paste in your hair for 45 minutes
- Rinse out with warm water
RESOURCE : Achieve Different Colours With Henna As A Natural Hair Dye
INCI : Cassia obovata
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN : INDIA