Enrich your natural hair colour with indigo powder. Achieve a dark black shade by blending this naturally green powder with our pure BAQ henna. Always protect your hands/clothes when applying indigo powder + henna powder
[ADAPTED ARTICLE VIA http://www.wikihow.com/Dye-Your-Hair-With-Indigo]
- Cover everything in old towels or newspaper, and wear old clothes.
- Dye your hair with henna first for the best result This helps give the indigo a base to stick to. You can mix indigo into henna to get shades of reddish-brown to auburn to brownish black.
- Get 100g of indigo for every six inches of hair. Curly hair will need more. 200g is usually enough for shoulder length hair.
- Mix the indigo in a heat resistant bowl with warm water.
- Wait 10-15 minutes, till the green powder start to turn a deep purple black on top. Ready to use when it is black
- Get someone to help you apply the indigo, starting at the back. Cover your entire hair, and wrap it in saran wrap [cling film]
- Wipe off the drips that run down, or you'll have grey streaks on your face and neck. Laying on your back helps keep the indigo from dripping down.
- Rinse the indigo off with cool water after 45 minutes to an hour.
- Your indigo will be dark brown at first, and deepen to black over 2-4 days. Wait several days, and reapply if you see any missed spots, or if the indigo is not dark enough.