- contains no additives
- natural source of cetyl myristoleate for pain relief
Although unrefined kombo butter can be used on its own, it can be quite strong on sensitive/broken skin. It is a slightly dry butter so best mixed with another oil/butter.
- Shea butter contains cinnamic acid which together with kombo butter would be quite effective.
- Cocoa butter is quite hard so might be more suited if you are in a very warm place
- Mango butter for less greasy feel.
- Coconut oil for spread-ability
Pressed from the "African nutmeg" pure unrefined kombo butter is dark in colour with a nutty/earthy/smokey scent. The seeds are harvested between December and April and the butter is prized for its anti-inflammatory properties.
The "waste" after the oil has been pressed from the seeds is used as fire lighters and also as natural fertilizer.
We import this directly from Ghana.
It works in a natural manner by acting at the precise location of joint inflammation. Although not as well known as glucosamine and/or chondroitin, there is a growing awareness that CM8 equals or surpasses them in the treatment of the body pains brought on by various maladies such as osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and sports related injuries. SOURCE: WIKIPEDIA